Content marketing is all the rave. People have caught on that the hub of online success is CONTENT, CONTENT, CONTENT. If you are a smart marketer you will be trying to build links with guest posts. The consequence of this new shift in online marketing will cause some sites to lower their guest posting standards, others to raise them, and some to stop accepting them altogether. Google will target low quality guest posts, and you will not get results without a strategy. I will share strategies for success guest posting below. Excited? You should be 🙂 Apart of your success is to share your genius, exciting!
1. Finding Guest Post Opportunities
First thing is where to find guest post opportunities. This determines the value and long term success of your link.
GUIDELINES TO GUEST BLOGGING SUCCESS:
Look for blogs that have a audience that wants to read your post. The business category of the blog can complement your business/topic, and aim to give value to readers.
Check the Domain Authority and PageRank to ensure the blog has the right ranking factors in place. Also, look at previous guest posts to see how strong the Page Authority is. Discover if the blog has frequent comments and sharing activity. Make sure this is true for most pages, not just the homepage.
- Spy on their activity on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. If there is a good amount of community activity happening on at least one of those networks, this is a good sign.
- Look for a subscriber count.
- Read through the blog comments to understand the blog community, and make sure spam is not in the comments frequently. Google factors in user generated content.
- Read past guest posts. Do their guest posts or their sites appear “spammy?”
- Who owns of the blog? What is their background? Are they reputable?
- Guidelines for guest posts should have standards. Content should be accepted if it benefits the blog’s audience. If anyone can post on their blog without any standards, don’t waste your time.
- Is the blog updated frequently? Does the blog write any posts, or just guest posts? Is it possible for you to become a regular contributor?
- Blogs that want good content will, most likely, want regular contributors. Does your target audience read this blog? Do centers of influence read this blog?
- Think about the go-to place for your target audience?
- Look at the site’s link profile. Does it look natural?
- Find guest posts from blogs that do not advertise guest posts. This is ideal, because very few of your competitors will have links like this.
- Write a post about the keyword that the site ranks best for. So, your guest post shows up in search results, getting more eye-balls to your post, and get referral traffic. Write something creative and fresh about the topic that the blog has not published before.
- How easy is it to navigate through the site? And what is the experience, visitors have on the site. These can determine quality of the site.
- Has the blog has received any kind of award from a reputable organization.
- Type in your search: “Top 10 Blogs about [Niche]” These will point you toward reputable blogs in the industry.
Also, look for blogs that have been featured on those top ten sites.
Find Places to Guest Post.
Try using the following list to discover blogs that accept guest posts:
Guest Blog Genius
Copy for Bylines
Guest Blogging Websites
Technorati’s directory of blogs
Best of the Web Blogs
On Top List blog directory
If you would like to know more about how to write effective high quality content that sells. I suggest you read—>https://socialmediawithrita.com/2013/04/09/writing-content-that-sells/
Get inspired and let me know your experiences, thoughts and questions below.